I was looking at the old pages of this blog and the many stupid posts that didn't get published, and the many other stupid posts that got published and then removed. It was a lot of fun and there is no reason to stop. As much as I have wanted to all these years, it seems very unlikely that I will be able to revive this blog because writing seems like a lot of effort, and publishing seems even more so. Every few days, I feel like writing something, and then once that moment is gone, the thoughts become so hazy that it feels better left unsaid. But, it is worth trying..
What better than recalling some of Myra's gems. She is 3 right now, but most of these are from 6 months to a year ago..
**********
We usually stop her from this or that telling her that she can do this when she grows old enough. And one day, when she was playing in the park, she wanted me to join her on one of the slides. I would normally oblige but there were other kids, and so I told her it is meant for kids, and I cannot join. So, she goes "Jab aap chhote ho jaoge, tab aap mere saath jhoole pe chadhna" :)..
Indeed, how is she supposed to know how our appearance changes with time
***********
I noticed crayon marks on one of the walls and asked her why she did that and remarked that she has been a bad girl. Her reply, "Nahi papa, main bad girl nahi hoon. Ye maine kal kiya tha, main kal bad girl thi. Aaj to bad girl nahi hoon"
***********
Her grandpa often tells her, "Myra ke paas to itne saare toys hain, kabhi Papa le aate hain, kabhi tauji, kabhi chachu.. teri to mauj hai"..
And as if she was waiting for a comeback and found her opportunity one day. She looks at dadu's drawer and says "Dadu, aapke paas to kitni saari dawai hain.. teri to mauj hai"..
Rest for the next post -- hopefully with a shorter time gap
What better than recalling some of Myra's gems. She is 3 right now, but most of these are from 6 months to a year ago..
**********
We usually stop her from this or that telling her that she can do this when she grows old enough. And one day, when she was playing in the park, she wanted me to join her on one of the slides. I would normally oblige but there were other kids, and so I told her it is meant for kids, and I cannot join. So, she goes "Jab aap chhote ho jaoge, tab aap mere saath jhoole pe chadhna" :)..
Indeed, how is she supposed to know how our appearance changes with time
***********
I noticed crayon marks on one of the walls and asked her why she did that and remarked that she has been a bad girl. Her reply, "Nahi papa, main bad girl nahi hoon. Ye maine kal kiya tha, main kal bad girl thi. Aaj to bad girl nahi hoon"
***********
Her grandpa often tells her, "Myra ke paas to itne saare toys hain, kabhi Papa le aate hain, kabhi tauji, kabhi chachu.. teri to mauj hai"..
And as if she was waiting for a comeback and found her opportunity one day. She looks at dadu's drawer and says "Dadu, aapke paas to kitni saari dawai hain.. teri to mauj hai"..
Rest for the next post -- hopefully with a shorter time gap
No comments:
Post a Comment