Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rendezvous with Gulzar: 1

Poem:(yahi title hai book mein :))

The time draws close
for Bosky's marriage.

Something leaves my body,
something sinks in my soul.

Am I sad?
Am I serene?
I do not know.

Is it the dawn
before daybreak?
Is it the dusk
before the sunset?
I do not know.

As I go along
I keep thinking,
after the next bend
she will take a turn
and head towards
the rising sun.

I'll walk on,
all alone,
till I merge
into the setting sun.

 Translation:

Kavita:

Bosky ki shaadi ka din
Kareeb aa raha hai

Jaise kuchh chhoot raha hai
Kuchh bojh sa hai rooh par

Kya mann shaant hai?
Kya main dukhi hoon?
Main nahi jaanta

Ye din nikalne se pehle ka andhera hai?
Ya din dhalne se pehle ka ujaala?
Main nahi jaanta

Bas ek khayaal ke saath
Chala ja raha hoon
Ki agle mod par
Wo chali jaayegi
Ugte hue sooraj ki taraf

Aur main yun hi chalta rahoonga
Akela
Jab tak ki main kho nahi jaata
Dhalte sooraj ke andhere mein kahin.



Rating: 3.5/10  (it will get better I assure you :))


Aa Gulzar, hum bhi aaj khila ke dekhen  chaand,
Ki mere saawan mein tere patjhad sa nasha hai ki nahi

5 comments:

  1. Disagree with the rating. I like it very much. Could not contain myself from commenting. How many parts are there ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do you have to "contain" yourself from commenting?

    The rating is a comparison with the English version and not an absolute rating.. do you think it is better than the English version? You can give your rating, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..and it is about 100 or so parts

    ReplyDelete
  4. even your comments, like your posts, leave the readers wanting for more :)

    ReplyDelete