Monday, July 21, 2008

Perspectives

Have to attend a certain didactics workshop tomorrow. A workshop where they teach us how to teach! In preparation for it, they asked for this:

"Please bring along an object that is (or was in the past) important or meaningful to you for whatever reason.It should be a symbol that stands for something. We will use these objects in our round of introductions. Please choose carefully, and think about what you want to say about the object and about yourself."

I put that as my gtalk status asking for suggestions. Here are some of the "suggestions" I got from some friends. Apne reactions to kya hi doon!

1) "Take your degree :) .. it will remind you of your professional life"
2) "Take my pic."

3) "CD of old songs .. since a TV will be too big to carry"

4) "TV ka remote."

5) "Playing cards"

6) "Okay, Okay ... I am not objectifying :) but shreya ghoshal ki photo le ja. "

*Photo!!!!! Hey Bhagwan*

7) [Edit .. by a certain late lateef] so how did the didactic thing go. my suggestion would have been a pic of Shahrukh Khan or Federer

7 comments:

  1. If it isn't too late, let me also suggest...A childhood toy will be good, but too cliched...so take an empty piece of paper and say that it calls you to fill it with words (which are all you have!) and so on.. Then you might take a copy of Alice in Wonderland! Then take a stopped watch..and say that it stands for all times in your life when you didn't feel time passing..and might describe a few..but I guess all this is getting a little too sentimental!

    Anyway, do tell us what you finally did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your suggestion helped a lot. This is what I presented

    took a piece of paper with two obtuse angled congruent looking triangles drawn on it. Had been thinking of doing so for 2-3 days but wasn't quite sure. Decided to go with it after your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just realized I messed up the link in the above comment... It's this

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did it go?
    I was wondering whether it would be worth posting comments on month old posts...

    Sarvesh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remain bad at presentations of any sort. Have to work on that. A lot.

    Yes certainly. In fact it would be most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "so was it for teach india?"

    Didn't get you at all! Please explain.

    ReplyDelete