Monday, November 13, 2006

Ich wohne in Zurich (Switzerland)

"Ich wohne in Zurich" is German for "I live in Zurich" :)

I moved to Zurich (for a few years) a few days ago. Before coming here, I was a little skeptical about how it would be to live in a foreign country .. everything will be so strange, so unusual all around .. I was almost certain that the hard life will begin now!! ... but I must admit that things haven't been too bad till now .. things certainly are unusual and strange .. but some are unusual for the better!!

Cars stop at the crossings to let pedestrians cross .. this to me was really really funny in the beginning
Also I have never held a map open in a public place for more than a minute .. everytime I find someone coming over to help .. this is again something quite unusual!

Hmm .. so I do miss quite a few things from India .. one thing I miss quite a lot is of course Bollywood .. yahaan to Hindi movies bhi German mein dub karke dikhaate hain [:-(].. but then as they say .. 'you win some, you lose some' .. but I think I will be able to spend good time here!

The thing that keeps me really happy here is, of course, 'Swiss Chocolates'

5 comments:

  1. hey man, share some of those swiss chocolates with poor folks like me back in india, now u sure know who me is and ..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I know who you are ... but you'll have to wait

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there a lot of software firms up there?. How about the Indian population?.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww man! Swiss chocolates!!!
    I'm soooo jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was me :) -- Dubey

    ReplyDelete